March 29, 2007

My Tears



my tears do not diminish my purpose –
the plan God has for me
my tears do not change who I am

my tears give me strength
my tears grant me release –
and the ability to begin,
yet again

my tears signify the struggle
of my journey
and that it is not always easy or simple
or happy.
my tears cleanse my spirit
my tears allow me to focus

my tears allow me to move on
to continue striving
growing
loving
praying.

my tears
are necessary.


©TonyaC2007
artwork: "Release", Frank Morrison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you read my blogs sis? How did you know? or did you? Was it possible that you too experience what I am going through. Indeed so. Yet with all my rambling what I wanted to say is thank you, thank you for making my day. Because of who you are, who you have been created to be ministers to the hurt and wounds inside of me.

Tonya - you explained my tears in a way that makes me stand tall. Able to get enough strength to fight till I fall. Bless you my sister isn't enough so I pray and pray to God that He will bless you in His time that you can not help but to see it overflowing.

"My Tears".... Tonya, are really my tears.