October 09, 2006

I Am

(artwork: "Essence of Ebony" - Frank Morrison)

does my demeanor upset you?
does my confidence disrupt your logical world?
you cannot define my true beauty –
or it’s origins.

you just can’t put your finger on my attraction...........
it’s not just one thing…..
drawn in by a charm you can’t characterize.

I am not petite............
I am not quiet and meek ...............
I have no need or desire to be coy.
I neither seek definition from others, .............
nor do I expect anyone to read my mind.
I’m quite capable of articulating my needs.
I speak my thoughts
and invite you to speak yours.

you cannot explain..........
what you experience from my presence............
the wonder,
the allure,
the fascination
the POW-A!
not to worry…..
I promise to always use my powers for good!

I am precious because I am a creation..............
of the Highest order of Intelligence -
who does not make mistakes.
I know that with God, the world is my playground...............
without God, I will just be played with.

I have the strength to maintain a full time job, and be a lifetime Mother;

I have the intelligence to converse with the highest scholars, and give them food for thought;

I have the resilience of the ages, for I have withstood being ignored, passed over and just plain not seen and still I stand tall;

I have the love of the ages to share with the one man who can appreciate me, even though my heart has been broken - more than once;

I have the faith of Job - because I know that one day, God will open the eyes of the man who will appreciate, honor and respect me

for who
I am -

A Good Woman.

© Copyright 2006 TonyaC
(Wednesday September 6, 2006)

No comments: