October 09, 2006

Hello, Beautiful.....

artwork: "Confident" -Frank Morrison


So…………
I looked in the mirror
I mean – I REALLY looked
I was not pleased..
self-esteem issues barred my ability to see the positive.
outlining and highlighting the wrongs
have become habit
and
establishing barriers
to see the dynamic
to see the wonderful
to see the beauty
in me



I saw all the ways I’ve messed up
the mistakes
heartbreaks
the bad decisions
the stubbornness
the un-Godly
in me.



God gave me a son
who randomly says to me
‘Mommy, you’re beautiful’
for no apparent reason
other than
love
of me.



God gave me a friend
who tells me daily
‘you’re beautiful and dynamic’ and
‘your beauty emanates from your soul’
for no apparent reason
other than love
of me.



God put people in my life
who tell me regularly
‘you’re so bold and beautiful’
‘you have such self-confidence’
‘you carry yourself with such pride’
‘I wish I was more like you’
for no apparent reason
other than
belief
in me



they fail to see the failure
they do not notice the fake bravado
they are unaware of the insecurity
they are unable to recognize the fear of failure
in me



I had to think to myself:
who is this person they’re referring to??
surely it’s not me
not ME!
surely they can see the pathetic – ness
surely they sense the fear
the trepidation
the lack of self-esteem
the ugliness
of me
..............don’t they?



I thought to myself
self,
there may just be something to this self-love
thing
there may just be something to this positive self-image
thing
perhaps you are not as pathetic as the devil would have you believe



So……
I looked in the mirror
I mean – I REALLY looked
with self-love
with self-esteem
with self-worth
I saw a woman Blessed by God to be
Dynamic
Self-Assured
Confident
a woman worthy of my
Respect and Admiration
and
I said,



Hello, Beautiful.







© Copyright 2006 TonyaC
(Thursday August 24, 2006 - 09:07pm (EDT))


No comments: