October 10, 2006

A Private Party


♪I’m havin’ a private party
Ain’t nobody here but me, my Angels, and my guitar singin’
Baby, look how far we’ve come, yeah.
I’m havin’ a private party –
Learnin’ how to love me
Celebrating the woman I’ve become, yeah. ♪
(India Arie, ‘Testimony: vol. 1, Life & Relationship’)

Searching for clarification, I took stock of my current situation, taking evaluation and, through examination, I realize that it’s time for rejuvenation, clarification, restoration, concentration, and contemplation; for cogitation and meditation; for conversations – with God and myself.


Time for condemnation, cessation and cancellation of all of the negative thoughts; for creation of a new me; for elation for the life and the many Blessings that God has given me, and the journeys He’s led me to, as well as the journeys He’s brought me through.


Formation of new affirmations, building my foundation; for elimination of isolation and frustration. Time to give God a standing ovation, for Glorious Salvation! Time for denunciation, extermination, elimination, eradication and the ending of useless stagnation; to resist temptation to fall back into a defeatist attitude and the other traps that lie before me. Time for termination, annihilation, revocation of and liberation from the strongholds of the abominations of satan.


Time for acclimation of a more positive environment; for cultivation, confirmation, adaptation and activation of a new me; for self-admiration, self-adoration - the goodness I possess, by the Grace of God. Time for aspiration to a higher level of Christianity; for association with those who will uphold and support me; time for appreciation and celebration of me and of the person I wish to be.


I need to have more conversations with God; to denounce the desolation and desperation I sometimes feel.



Time for affirmation of my destination – to begin my spiritual education.
For God is my source of illumination.



Time for graduation and elevation to a higher spiritual plane; for invocation, evocation for emanation of the Holy Spirit; time for preparation for the embarkation of my journey; anticipation and expectation of the Blessings I’m about to receive.


No more procrastination, hesitation, alienation or hibernation; no more negative stimulation.
No more limitations of my abilities because of self-doubt.
I become the illustration and manifestation of the Power of prayer – the celebration of the jubilation of life.


Time for meditation on God; for personal relation; for the realization of my obligation to God, to my son, to myself; reparation and restoration of my spirit; revocation of the toleration of stinking thinking; jubilation of Holy transformation, comprehending that tribulations are necessary to build strength and character.


In summation, it’s time for therapeutic rehabilitation – to get on track and get it right. But that’s only the preliminary examination.


The journey has only just begun!


copyright ©2006 Tonya C
(artwork: "Desiny", Frank Morrison)

No comments: